Join the Fight Against Animal Cruelty
Did you know every 10 seconds an animal is abused or beaten?
It’s vital for people to know who they can call to report animal cruelty. The ASPCA is a prime resource for people to find out more about the prevention of animal cruelty.
We’ve listed some helpful tips for the prevention of animal cruelty in your community.
- Get to know and look out for the animals in your neighborhood – by being aware, you are more likely to notice if an animal is being neglected or abused.
- Set a good example for others – if you have pets, be sure to always show them the love and good care they deserve.
- Talk to your kids about how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
- Support your local shelter or animal rescue organization.
- Make the call – it comes from concerned citizens, which is why it is important for us to keep our eyes and ears open.
In recent years, a strong connection has been documented linking animal abuse and domestic violence. Be aware of any incidences with regards to domestic violence and if there is a pet residing in the home.
For over 40 years, the ASPCA has worked tirelessly to end animal cruelty. From education and care to adoption and rescue, the ASPCA is making a life-changing difference for animals across America.
You can help by making a donation or you can join the fight against animal cruelty by signing the ASPCA Pledge. By signing the Pledge you promise to do all that is possible to help animals in your community live happy and healthy lives.